Do you know the 3 slices that make up the fundraising event "P.I.E."? These are three essential components to meeting ambitious fundraising goals.
Created by event fundraising pros Fund Your Org, the "P.I.E. Method" is a simple, unique strategy to maximize fundraising efforts by ensuring:
- The right People attend,
- Revenue generators involve the right Items, and
- Vibrant Energy excites those in the room about the organization’s mission.
In today's blog post, we will take a closer look at the first segment of the pie: finding the right people.
If you find the content helpful, join us for next week's free webinar with benefit auctioneer Rick Miller, creator of this unique fundraising strategy.
Who's coming to your fundraiser?
Although it is important to maximize the number of guests at your event, it is even more important to know who is attending your event. Getting the "right" people at your event is the first cornerstone of the P.I.E. method playbook.
So who are the right people? They are the champions of your cause and their invited guests.
- Champions: Your Board of Directors and staff are the lead champions and need to be visible to your donors and the invited guests. Champions tell the organization’s story and why they support it.
- Invited Guests: The invited guests are your potential donors and future champions. Guests should have the desire to learn more about your organization, hopefully investing in the impact your organization makes on the community.
The ideal event attendee also contributes to what we'll call "the four C's":
- Connections. The right People connect their networks to the cause. With passionate supporters from different locations and industries at your event, your cause will go viral into multiple networks, multiplying your impact.
- Capacity. The right People have the capacity to engage in your organization and mission. Whether they financially support the fund-a-need, buy items in the live auction or get involved as volunteers, people with the capacity to support are instrumental to the success of your event and organization.
- Cultivation. The right People are loyal, long-time donors. Whether they give small monthly donations or large donations periodically, the cultivation of a lifelong donor is imperative to the sustainability of a nonprofit organization.
- Celebration. The right People celebrate the achievements of your organization. Celebration brings energy and the desire to support your mission and work in the community.
If you have people in the room who contribute to "the four C's" strategy, you will gain in more ways than one. In fact, in our experience, getting the right People at your event can double the donations made at any given fundraiser.
Webinar Registration Now Open
The P.I.E. Method: Double the Donations at Your Next Fundraising Event
Wednesday, December 5 at 10am PT / 1pm ET
In a free, 1-hour P.I.E. Method webinar, learn how this fundraising strategy can help simplify and optimize your fundraising plan. You'll learn how to:
- Get the right people at your event by leveraging connections; considering donor capacity; cultivating new relationships; and celebrating organizational achievements, progress and goals.
- Create strategic revenue generators that will double the impact of their overall goal.
- Demonstrate ways to create energy and communicate a mission-centric message to donors.
- Cultivate lifelong donors from the event by using strategies that promotes sustainable giving.
Bonus: All attendees will receive the handy P.I.E Method Playbook, a resource that explains the strategy in detail, to reference and share with your event committee.
Can't make it? Register anyway and we'll send you a recording of the webinar shortly after it's over!
Fund Your Org, founded by benefit auctioneer Rick Miller, partners with non-profit organizations on fundraising strategies, while developing new opportunities and growth within their communities. The Fund Your Org team consults over 75 non-profit organizations with their fundraising efforts and events annually and has conducted hundreds of benefit auctions in the past twelve years. Miller has developed a strategic method, called the “P.I.E. Method,” that simplifies and maximizes the fundraising efforts at an event.