In the week leading up to Super Bowl XLVI, the Giants and Patriots are not the only ones gearing up for game day. Television audiences around the world are preparing for their own championship of overindulgence. Check out these statistics about consumption on the big day:
- An estimated 36 million households are planning to host a Super Bowl party this year.
- 5 million of those households will purchase a new television for viewing the game.
- The Super Bowl is the second largest day of the year for food consumption next to Thanksgiving. 8 million pounds of guacamole, dipped into by 14,500 tons of chips are expected to be consumed on game day. Next to chips and dip, chicken is the second most popular game food - an estimated 1 billion chicken hot-wings and nuggets will be served.
- Beer is the unofficial beverage of choice for the Super Bowl. According to saveonbrew.com, 112.5 million gallons of beer will be consumed on game day, representing some $10.8 billion in beer sales. Thats enough beer to fill Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis) half-way up!
- 7 million people will call in sick on Monday morning after the game.
We hope all attendees of the Super Bowl who purchased their tickets at charity events via Winspire have a SUPER time. Cheers everyone. . . be safe and have fun!