Together with co-hosts Renee Zau from DonationMatch.com and benefit auctioneer Danny Hooper, each week we aim to bring nonprofit staff, volunteers, event planners, PTOs and more a wide variety of cutting-edge insights into the world of event fundraising. The first 3 episodes are available free on iTunes and EventswithBenefits.com.
Check out the sample topics and special guests we have on deck for the first 10 episodes...
- Fundraising Auctions with Jim Nye the Auction Guy, professional fundraising auctioneer
- Golf Tournaments with Holly Kennedy, CEO and co-founder of Kennedy Golf Tournament
- Legal Considerations with Mary Tovella Dowling, attorney at For Purpose Law Group
- Partnerships with Parker Pike, member of Board of Directors of San Diego Nonprofit Association
- Perseverance with Lynda West, nonprofit coach and mentor
- Thinking BIG with Noah McMahon, founder and CEO of Anonymous
- Auction Timeline Tips with Scott Robertson, professional fundraising auctioneer
- Mobile Bidding with Debby Roth-Bush, Relationship Marketing Manager at GreaterGiving
- Donor Development with Carlos Leija, Chief Development Officer at Orangewood Children’s Foundation
- Are Charity Auctions Dying? with Nelson Jay, professional fundraising auctioneer
Each episode is 30 to 40 minutes long, making it the perfect way to brighten your daily commute, pass a lunch hour and gain a treasure trove of new ideas for your next event.
To learn more, listen to the first few episodes and subscribe, click below:
For more on how to listen to a podcast, the complete list of our first 10 special guests and topics, and...what exactly is a podcast?...read on.
What is a "podcast"?
A podcast is simply an audio file published on the Internet. There are countless podcasts spanning hundreds of categories from business to entertainment to true crime (ever heard of NPR's runaway hit Serial?) and more. In our case, Events with Benefits is all about nonprofits and fundraising.